Lightning Magazine Rifle
The Lightning Magazine Rifle was first introduced in 1884 and was the rifle companion to the 1873 Colt® and 1878 Double Action. It s now the companion of and chambered to match the Cimarron Model P single action and 1872 Open Top revolvers. The operation of the action with the left hand or ‘off’ hand was considered a positive improvement over the lever action rifle. Originally made by Sam Colt’s Manufacturing Co. on two master patents registered to W.H. Elliott in 1883 the Lightning Magazine Rifle would sell near 200,000 pieces before it was retired in 1904.